Adoption Lawyer Edmonton
If you’re looking for private adoption, and wish to become the parent of a child, our lawyer Puneet Bhardwaj can make the necessary applications on your behalf so you can become the legal parent of the child or children. Private adoptions are a sensitive matter and the best interests of the child is always at the forefront. Due to this, it is very important the application is made properly to ensure your success in a timely manner
schedule a consult
Lets talk solutions: (780)-222-2386
Edmonton Adoption FAQ
Am I Eligible To Adopt?
Bhardwaj+Co will review your eligibility. Specifically, in Alberta the requirements that must be reviewed for adoption include:
- You must be at least 18 years old to adopt
- You must be an Alberta resident to adopt in Alberta
- The home for the adopted child must be domestically stable, and
- the individual(s) adopting the child must demonstrate financial stability
Adoptions Through Child Services
- Adoption By Choice
- Adoption Options
- Christian Adoption Services
- LDS Family Services
How Long Is The Adoption Process?
Factors that will affect the timeline for the adoption application include:
- How fast you can complete the home study and the status of the child’s birth parents
- A judge may not grant the adoption order the firs time, they may request more information, request a hearing or dismiss the application
The application to the Court of Queen’s Bench is made by a desk application (meaning it is requested by way of filing court documents only, and a hearing typically wouldn’t be required). There are many steps and details that must be considered when attempting to adopt in Alberta. Having an experienced lawyer help you navigate the adoption process for you and your family will greatly assist you in success.
How Much Will It Cost If I Hire A Lawyer?
Contact Us Anytime,
7 Days a Week
Unit 1250, 10055 106 St NW, Edmonton AB
M–F: 9am - 5pm
S–S: 1pm - 4pm
Send us a Message
Visit Our Office
Unit 1250, 10055 106 St NW, Edmonton, AB